• »
Форум » The band » Gerard Way » The Umbrella Academy
The Umbrella Academy
sleepДата: Суббота, 04.08.2007, 00:07 | Сообщение # 1
Admin
Статус: Offline
Вот, собственно, я помещу тут интервью Джера про "The Umbrella Academy"

Gerard Way Interview: Umbrella Academy 8/14/06

This interview was conducted by editor and all around good guy Scott Allie before San Diego Comic Con 2006. Gerard Way was just finishing final tracking on My Chemical Romance's new album, and days after Gabriel BГЎ had been hired as the interior artist on Gerard's series for Dark Horse, The Umbrella Academy.

SCOTT: When you interned at DC, you were an art student--setting out to be a comics artist, right?

GERARD: Yeah, I went to the School of Visual Arts in New York. My major was Cartooning/Illustration. I then hit the pavement with my portfolio for years before landing a great job, not in comics, but in toy design and animation.

SCOTT: You're an artist: the pitch for Umbrella Academy was pretty densely illustrated--by you. You did an album cover for My Chemical Romance, right? The sketch?

GERARD: I did the album cover for our album Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. It was actually a sketch to be used as a reference for a photographer, but the head of the art department at Warner liked it so much they wanted to use it as the cover. And I draw on the road extensively. It's something I try and never lose.

SCOTT: Did you consider drawing this book?

GERARD: I did. I realized pretty early on that it would be unrealistic to do so, as much as I am close to it. Writing with a laptop on a tour bus is so much easier than trying to draw. I knew if I drew it I'd never finish it.

SCOTT: How about drawing something really short, like a four-page story in one of The Umbrella Academy comics?

GERARD: I would love to, and I have an idea for an ongoing backup story that is featured every issue. I think it will be pretty wild. I want to show two of the characters, at a very young age, exploring space, told in a very different style from the book, almost serialized and far removed, like an old comic.

SCOTT: If you hadn't brought James Jean to the table, I was gonna ask you to do the covers. Great tactic to avoid hard work, though: bringing in one of the absolute best guys in the industry, and what the hell is your editor gonna say?

GERARD: James doing the covers does a lot for the series. His covers are so striking; they speak volumes about a book. It's why I picked up Fables in the first place, and I'm happy I did because I love that book.

SCOTT: You told me your art was influenced by Richard Case, the artist on Doom Patrol, and I can see that. There were other guys, too, but I forget . . .

GERARD: I tried to fuse a bit of European comics influence into my style right after college. I was actually really inspired by the artist on ZombieWorld: Champion of the Worm [Pat McEown]. Edvin Biukovic is my all-time favorite artist. I was very sad when he passed away. His Grendel Tales are like my bible to draw from, as well as anything Alex Toth has ever done.

angel

Mark: What's going on?
House MD: It's not what you think. I know it looks like we're cleaning dishes, but actually, we're having sex.

MamaДата: Понедельник, 20.08.2007, 23:52 | Сообщение # 2
Bender
Познавательно)))Хех))Джи жжет))))А Фрэрард...вообще уписаццо) сори за флуд) tongue

Goin' to hell...

sleepДата: Вторник, 21.08.2007, 13:45 | Сообщение # 3
Admin
Quote (Mama)
Фрэрард...вообще уписаццо) сори за флуд)

сча по губам дам!!! не в тему! wacko

House MD: It's not what you think. I know it looks like we're cleaning dishes, but actually, we're having sex.

Demolition_LoverДата: Пятница, 07.09.2007, 12:06 | Сообщение # 4
Bender
а кто нить может перевести выше приведенное? я не все поняла surprised

I am not afraid to keep on living
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
Honey if you stay, I'll be forgiven
Nothing you could say can stop me going home

sleepДата: Суббота, 08.09.2007, 00:47 | Сообщение # 5
Admin
Quote (Demolition_Lover)
а кто нить может перевести выше приведенное? я не все поняла

я могу, а может ты лучше скажи,что не ясно- я поясню, а то все перепечатывать на русский честно говоря в падлу bag

RamonaДата: Понедельник, 17.09.2007, 23:43 | Сообщение # 6
Starved to death
А я вот, например, думала, что Джер рисует Umbrella Akademy, а не придумывает сюжет...

Когда тебя некому забрать из морга - это уже одиночество...

Chemo_GirlДата: Вторник, 18.09.2007, 19:00 | Сообщение # 7
Bender
А у мну есть амбрелкина академия, первая часть по-моему, он и сейчас новые рисует, но они на тёмной лошадке платно(

If You Ever Felt ALONЕ...
If You Ever Felt REJECTED...
If You Ever Felt CONFUSED...
If You Ever Felt LOST...
Be Prepaired To Feel REVENGE!!!

sleepДата: Вторник, 18.09.2007, 20:29 | Сообщение # 8
Admin
Quote (Chemo_Girl)
А у мну есть амбрелкина академия, первая часть по-моему, он и сейчас новые рисует, но они на тёмной лошадке платно(

ты ее качала в сетке или покупала сама?????
если качала на халяву, плизз,кинь ссыль))))
а то у меня тока отрывочки из нее, а полной книги няма cry

RamonaДата: Вторник, 18.09.2007, 21:51 | Сообщение # 9
Starved to death
Quote (sleep)
у меня тока отрывочки из нее, а полной книги няма

Угу, а мне бы хоть пару кусочков из этого комикса, чисто для порядка
deal

sleepДата: Вторник, 18.09.2007, 22:16 | Сообщение # 10
Admin
Окей....но я качала с buzznet.com

Вот,страничка-отщепенец....одна из....

Прикрепления: 32076344.jpg (117.6 Kb)

RamonaДата: Вторник, 18.09.2007, 22:46 | Сообщение # 11
Starved to death
Да, интригует! respect

sleepДата: Вторник, 18.09.2007, 23:35 | Сообщение # 12
Admin
угумс.....я сама затекаюс слюнками..... wacko

sleepДата: Вторник, 18.09.2007, 23:38 | Сообщение # 13
Admin
Вот еще небольшой экстракт...
Прикрепления: 58725563.jpg (126.2 Kb)

RamonaДата: Вторник, 18.09.2007, 23:38 | Сообщение # 14
Starved to death
Вопрос: это деффчонку с белыми глазами Rumor звать, или я просто чего - то не знаю :fool:?

sleepДата: Среда, 19.09.2007, 01:07 | Сообщение # 15
Admin
Quote (Ramona)
Вопрос: это деффчонку с белыми глазами Rumor звать, или я просто чего - то не знаю :fool:?

вроде-да....
Вот она!
Прикрепления: 72560824.jpg (32.1 Kb)

Форум » The band » Gerard Way » The Umbrella Academy
  • Страница 1 из 4
  • »
Поиск: